Saturday, June 17, 2006

Welcome to SEM Street



No, it is not an abbreviation of Sesame Street, it stands for Southeast Main Street - our humble abode for 21 years. I have never been known to be of the techno-geek type, but Patrick and Kristen (two fabulous kids of ours) have inspired me to create a common link with the rest of the world - as small as it is.

It never ceases to amaze me that as our lives go on - people tend to drift in there own direction. I don't think this is a bad thing, it is just what it is. Change is always in the wind, and this technology can help stay in synch with each other. From time to time, Grace and I will put up some postings as to what is happening in our little end of the world - SEM Street. Most of it is uneventful, some may be inspiring and some postings may be just a way of saying hello. We welcome your input and greetings.

Welcome to New England - The New Flood State
Thankfully, the weather is finally turning for the better as we have been in a perpetual state of rain for weeks. Grace and I will be able to take advantage of this by spending more time on each of our respective rides. Hers a one horse model aka Paso Fino (I think I have that right). While I am more into the mutli-horse models, this is Grace's one-with-the-world escape (that and Yoga). My escape (and Graces too) is the Harley. (We also have a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 - but that will be a later report) .

Since we took up riding 4 years ago, we realized that our Harley Fat Boy, while a valiant and noble machine, just was not the ride for long distance runs. With that, we invested in a pearl white 2006 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Fully appointed with all of the features best suited for the long haul, this steed has proven to be a relief for the glutius. We have really only made a few day trips thus far - including a 350 mile day to the Lakes Region in NH - but our planned goal is to make a multi-day run down to the Blue Ridge Trail in August. We are ready!

4 comments:

Patrick said...

**sound of jaw dropping, smacking floor**

Grace and Michael said...

Are you not totally impressed?? It was a complete surprise to me, but it will be fun to post. Not like on Chico, but on line.
xxoo

Patrick said...

I am completely impressed :)

More posts!

Grace and Michael said...

That would be horse and hog...
xxoo